Pumpkin soup is a firm favourite winter warmer, worldwide. To add extra flavour and body to the soup, you can roast the pumpkin with onion and garlic seasoned with nutmeg instead of boiling it.
2 cups vegetable stock
750g butternut pumpkin chopped
2 onions chopped
2 cloves garlic, halved
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups water
- Add stock and water into a large pot and bring to boil.
- Add pumpkin, onion, garlic and return to boil then reduce heat until pumpkin is soft.
- Drain vegetables through a colander and save liquid. Put vegetables into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Mix puree with the liquid until it reaches desired consistency.
- Season with nutmeg, pepper and salt and garlic with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and rocket if desired.